Yesterday was Frank's birthday, and since he's been nursing a head cold since for the past ten days, it called for a very quiet dinner at home. This recipe proved to be pretty perfect for the evening.
• 2kg lovely ripe cherry tomatoes, mixed colours if you can find them
• 2 sprigs each of fresh thyme, rosemary and bay
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
• 12 good-quality Cumerland or coarse Italian pork sausages
• extra virgin olive oil
• balsamic vinegar
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Splash a little oil in a roasting pan (I used 9 x 15), then add in the tomatoes, garlic and herbs. Add a couple of tablespoons of Balsamic, then give it all a stir. Lay the sausages on top of this mixture, and pop in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn the sausages over, and put back in for another 30 minutes.
NOTES: I went to Whole Foods and got three different chicken-based sausages, which was really good, though I think it might be even better with pork-based sausage. I served this with farfalle pasta tossed into a seasoned olive oil, and a Caesar. Super easy, and something I will definitely make again soon! The added bonus is that any leftovers can be rough-chopped and added to the leftover pasta for a great lunch!