Thursday, May 28, 2009

Duck, Duck, Goose!

Do you remember that little game from childhood? I believe it is this year's theme for the southeastern US......except in Georgia it's "drought, drought, flood."

After two years of extreme drought, we're all conditioned to rationing our outdoor water, we've become resigned to chronically dirty cars, and pressure-washing is a thing of the past.

Now that we're all used to those things, could we please just have a couple of days without rain???? I know I shouldn't complain, but there are weeds growing in places I didn't think life could exist! The seeds that have fallen in the past two seasons have all just stayed dormant and developed into these mutant weeds! The makers of Roundup must be celebrating out there in chemical land!

In addition to that, I don't think I've ever seen this many fallen trees.....it seems that every time there is even a rain shower, we see or hear trees crashing, their roots so weakened by the drought of the past two seasons.

I don't want much...just a break in the rain that gives me enough of a window to go outside and prune some of the out-of-control growth and get a handle on at least one bed's worth of weeding!

But, alas, I have to sign off now......an electrical storm is coming!

1 comment:

  1. There must be some seriously heavy downpours going on.

    Good luck with the weeding

    ReplyDelete