Saturday, August 7, 2010

A New Favorite Cookbook

                                              
I've been doing a lot of cooking lately from Jamie at Home, since it suits my frame of mind during the summertime (and year round, for that matter).  I've always like Jamie Oliver's approach to doing simple foods in a simple manner, without the fru-fru.  It might be part of my aging, but I'd much rather spent a great evening sitting around the table eating and drinking with friends than put on a jacket and tie to go to the "latest and hottest" restaurant.  We only live twenty minutes from Buckhead, but most of the restaurants aren't going to allow my flip flops.

Last night I was dodging thunderstorms and grilling out some assorted chicken sausages from Harry's, and I served Jamie Oliver's Roasted Carrots with Orange, Garlic and Thyme along with Cricket's pasta salad.  All in all a pretty good, definitely not fru-fru dinner. (I'm not sure that's the name of the recipe, but it's in the book.)  Bon appetit!

5 comments:

  1. Had no idea he had a new book out!. Did u catch his tv series on Food Revolution? I've watched him from way back when he had his own shows...Will check this out.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't actually a new book. I started watching the companion show to this book on the Cooking channel, but they're all a couple of years old. I'd kill to have his kitchen garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie Oliver is one of my favorites too. And he's all about promoting gardening to access good produce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to have a special dinner with Jamie... I would cook up something to satisfy him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is one of my favorite celebrity chefs. I like the way he cooks, and especillay that you rarely see him use a measuring cup. I see also from your previous post that you are using one of Ina's recipes. I would not turn down a meal at her house or his.

    ReplyDelete