Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No Photographs of the Flood....Fortunately!

First, thank you to everyone who has sent emails and added comments here about our rain situation in Atlanta. I can confidently say that I have never seen rain like that before, and hope not to again (including my time in Charleston with hurricanes).

I am happy to say that there are no photographs of the flood at "the big house" or my own garden to show. There was certainly some damage (a beautiful 30 foot Chinese Elm came down, and there was damage to one of the koi ponds at the big house), but not on the scale it could have been.

This experience has reminded me of how fortunate we all are......we have homes, we have gardens, and they can be repaired. There are many out there who have lost everything in this storm (most in this area don't have flood insurance, since it's never been a concern).

Sooner or later, Mother Nature reminds us who is really the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment