Monday, March 30, 2009

The Releasing of the Roses

Since the horse fans have "The Running of the Roses" every May in Louisville, it only seems appropriate that we have "The Releasing of the Roses" in metro Atlanta.

I never knew it was such a big deal until I went to Autumn Hill Nursery this afternoon to pick up the new roses for "Missus." It was like a mad house there, with all of these people picking up roses! I almost got into it with the chick from Sandy Springs who though she was going to switch the tag on my tree form Neptune with hers! (The neighbors won't be hearing from her any time soon.........)

For those of you who don't know Autumn Hill, it is a really awesome nursery in the Hickory Flat area of Cherokee County, where all of those other growers and nurseries are. Autumn Hill is where to go if you're looking for some more unusual things (Cliftonia, Carolina Silver Bell, unusual perennials, etc.), and a great collection of high end containers, fountains, and such.

Pictures will follow once the new Abraham Darby is in place next to the Graham Thomas!

3 comments:

  1. Switching the tag so she'd get a better price?... I'm a little confused...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn Hill sounds like my kinda place. I love unsual things! Can't wait to see Abraham and Graham ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was trying to switch the tag from one that I had reserved to the only other one that was there, which wasn't as nice! I had to push her down the hill!

    ReplyDelete