Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Big House Garden in Snow

The Walled Garden mostly put to bed for the winter, with a few things still popping up here and there (aren't Sweetpeas amazing to continue going in this stuff??)
The gate to the walled garden looks better with a little snow on the wreath. I know the holidays are over, but I really love this wreath that Patti made.

The koi are happily hibernating on the bottom of the pond, barely moving their gills.

Even in ridiculous cold, the cardinals are out at the feeders.

6 comments:

  1. your garden is beautiful...I have tried all day to snap a pic of a cardinal that lives in my side garden...but as if he knows what Im up to just as Im about to snap, he flutters away... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cardinals went crazy at the feeders when we were extremely cold, now they are out hitting the evergreens and berried bushes. I really like that garden area. It's bones, as they say, are great, so it looks good no matter what the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that frozen pond shot. Cold here for too long, but not cold enough for our Koi pond to freeze over. Pretty shots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, lovely photos and I love the bridge over the pond. Stay warm and hope your ice melts soon. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a stunning winter garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the walled garden and boxwood wreath on the door and the beautiful shot you took of the view!

    ReplyDelete