Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Annual Snowstorm







Atlanta's once-a-year "snowstorm" came earlier than usual this year, which I'm hoping doesn't mean we should expect more this season. After 15 years in the South, I've become very accustomed to being able to garden year-round, so this is about as much of the white stuff as I want to see. We had about an inch of snow yesterday afternoon and evening...it's pretty for a couple of days, but then I'm ready for green again.

Here are some photos of the stepchild garden this morning. It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and still only 23 degrees, so the snow is actually staying. Fortunately we'll be back in the 40's by Monday, and the 50's by next weekend.








3 comments:

  1. lovely pics....I wish an inch of snow was all we ever got;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how you do that whole Michigan thing.....I'd be frozen solid by Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this blog for some reason. Really nice photos. You still have some green.

    ReplyDelete