Sunday, May 16, 2010

They Came, They Saw, They Were All Incredibly Nice People




Having heard horror stories from others who had hosted such things in the past, I was so delightfully happy to meet so many really cool people!  Phyllis orchestrated things in such a way that my only job was visiting with people and hanging out, and it made it a really great day for Frank and me. 

Someone asked me about the tie dye.  Phyllis is a slightly reformed hippie, and made these tie-dyed shirts for the volunteer docents, and designed them around Malva "Zebrina," which Tom at Seventh Street had recommended I try this year.  Since I rarely wear t-shirts and tend to have these oversized camp shirts as my daily uniform, Phyllis made a custom tie-dyed camp shirt for me....pretty chic, I think......

6 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great turn out - all that work was worth it. i'm glad it turned out so great for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Tim!

    Bye the way, do we get to see the tie dye shirt you wore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave, opening up your garden for the masses...I'm glad it turned out good for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary, I'll be the fat guy in tie-dye in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim, I am glad the hear that all went well. It looks to have been a great time. - G

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that the tour went on well. I envy those lucky ones.... :)

    ReplyDelete