Sunday, February 7, 2010

99 Bottles of Wine in the Ground...99 Bottles of Wine.....

I finally got started on the wine bottle borders in the Stepchild Garden this afternoon, after spending the first half of the day at the Big House. It's not looking like much at the moment, but I'm loving the way it's turning out. (I probably should have hosed off some of the mud before I photographed, huh?) The added treat was how awesome the bottles looked as sun was starting to set on that part of the garden! 85 in the ground, only about 900 or so more to go!

7 comments:

  1. What a clever idea, I always have lots of wine bottles, Ive made them into humming bird feeders, but you can only have so many of those....love this;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is a lot of bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted something clever to edge the garden paths with, and had seen this somewhere. The bottles are sunk almost completely. Honestly, I had decided against it until we started having all this rain. For a change, the ground here is soft enough to do it. It took about two hours to do 85 bottles....and no, I didn't drink all of this wine.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wine bottle borders, though I'm not so fond of wine!! (I suppose beer bottles would work, too, but we have a 10 cent deposit on those in MI). It's also very amazing that you can do this type of thing this time of year. Our ground is frozen solid. In fact, I needed to move my bird bath and couldn't because the base was frozen into the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this done before and will be glad to see the rest. Arthritic hand is the pits. I have a couple of fingers that have shut down and lock up regularly. I need to stop doing carpentry work for sure, but won't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea and did it in my garden border a couple of years ago, may need re-doing again, but i couldn't do it at my allotment plot as it was deemed a health and safety hazard. Very effective though.

    ReplyDelete