Saturday, February 6, 2010

Some Cool Design Ideas from Southeastern Flower Show 2010

The pavers, above, were part of the display by the Georgia Native Plant Society, and I thought were pretty cool. They've taken battery-powered votives, which are under the cut bottoms of wine bottles. It seems realistic for a home garden, since all of the paving is really permanent except those inserts. If you're having a party, just lift up the bottles and replace the candles.
This "fountain," above and below, is from Kate at Bloom'n Designs. It is incredibly simple and incredibly effective. I took these photos before the show opened this morning, so naturally there is no water running. It trickles fairly slowly out of this pipe onto the rock; under the rock is a water-catching basin topped with a screen and slate chips.

5 comments:

  1. Flower shows are so fun. There are always such creative ideas that people come up with. I always find myself saying " I wish I had thought of that or how do they think of these things". LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I adore the fountain...I might be doing something like that this spring;) awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I might try that, I bet those lights look incredible at night. Thanks for sharing the show. Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, Thanks for sharing you pictures of the flower show. I now it must have been a busy time but it looks like it would have been fun. And I must say that you have brought alot of "Food for Thought" to the table. :) - G

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to put in a drip fountain somewhere this summer next to my side porch garden. It is the mechanics of getting the water pump that does the small job, not a big pump. Thanks for sharing good ideas.

    ReplyDelete